As I’ve mentioned before, the key bed was absolutely full of mouse poop. I vacuumed it out, but I’m still pretty grossed out by the whole thing. I’ve pulled the keys and am cleaning them with a some Simple Green cleaner, as well as white vinegar to help sterlize them. The black keys (especially the presets) are still super gross. I’ve decided to work them over with my bench buffer with some red rubbing compound. I’ve finished them off with some polish compound that is good for metal/plastic, and so far I’m really happy with the results.
Keys on the right have had nothing done to them, and the keys on the left are my first pass at polishing. So far, so good.
I had been thinking about the power connector. I want a longer cord (12’ or so), as well as a cord that won’t just fall out, and will lock in place when connected. I decided to use a Neutrik connector, and picked the cord/connector up off of Amazon. It showed up today, and I think it should work out really well.
I have ordered new up/downstop felts from BB Organ, but there are some larger felts under the key comb that are full of mouse poop I’d like to replace. I asked BB Organ if they have a replacement, but they’d have to rob an existing keybed for them. So that being said, my plan is to remove them and drop them in the washing machine. It will work out, or it won’t. Worst case scenario, I’m going to see if a Rhodes supplier buddy of mine can source something that would be a good replacement. I’ll let you know how this goes. I’m hoping a Tide pod can just fix things up.
My current worry is how in the world I’m going to get the expression/swell pedal to work out with the preamp. I can’t decide how to approach it. Will let you know what I figure out.